COMMEMORATIVE EVENTS JUNE 1-10, 2019
Event planning for the 75th anniversary of D-Day is underway. When an event schedule and ticketing procedures are announced, instructions and contact information will be posted on the website of the American Battle Monuments Commission (ABMC) at abmc.gov. Veterans and travelers with questions about 75th Anniversary events, please contact the ABMC at DDay75@abmc.gov. If you are the family member of an individual who is buried or memorialized in Normandy American Cemetery or traveling with a World War II veteran, please include this information in your email.
You may also visit the Normandy Tourism Office D-DAY 75th Anniversary information page or their D-DAY and Battle of Normandy page. An unofficial event schedule is available through the D-DAY Association of Normandy.
U.S. citizens traveling to France for the D-Day 75 commemoration are encouraged to review our Traveler’s Checklist:
- France Country Specific Information
- U.S. Travelers in Europe
- Information for Older Travelers
- Information for Travelers with Disabilities
- Information for Cruise Ship Passengers
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook
GET REQUIRED DOCUMENTS
- Check your passport. Your passport must be valid for at least six months beyond your planned date of departure from Europe’s Schengen area and must have enough blank pages for entry stamps. Note that the 12-page U.S. emergency passport is not valid for visa-free entry into France.
GET MEDICAL AND TRAVEL INSURANCE
- Check your health insurance – Are you covered abroad? Medicare does not cover medical costs overseas.
- Purchase appropriate health, medical evacuation, and trip cancellation insurance before you travel
- Review the information on Your Health Abroad
The U.S. Embassy France consular section is taking part in a Historical Photo Project. If you have photographs which you are willing to share of U.S. citizens in France during World War II (or similar photos from the WWI era) or, in particular any historical photos featuring U.S. embassy or consular staff in France, please send them to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your contributions!