Welcome to the home page of the Office of Defense Cooperation (ODC) France. ODC France is subordinate to Headquarters European Command and is an integral part of the American Embassy in Paris.
The mission of ODC France is to provide a bridge between US and French militaries and defense sectors in order to enhance partnerships, maintain close cooperation and increase interoperability between our nations and within NATO.
ODC achieves this mission by:
- Supporting the U.S. European Command (EUCOM J-5), the Ambassador, and the Office of the Secretary of Defense;
- Representing U.S. defense interests in France through security assistance, cooperative armament programs and direct commercial sales;
- Assisting U.S. government and industry in cooperative armaments Research & Development efforts;
- Identifying off-the-shelf equipment or developments that may satisfy U.S. operational requirements;
- Increasing standardization and interoperability of weapons and munitions;
- Facilitating U.S. government and industry participation in international trade shows;
- Ensuring U.S. technology security through end-use monitoring procedures.