Demonstration Alert – U.S. Embassy Paris, France (December 3, 2021)
- Between Paris and CDG airport: Parc des Expositions, Paris Nord Villepinte
- Paris: Barbes (near Gare du Nord) toward Parc de la Villette
- Politician and presidential candidate Eric Zemmour will hold a political rally on Sunday, December 5, at 1:00 p.m. at the Parc des Expositions in Villepinte, adjacent to the RER B line between Paris and Charles de Gaulle airport. Antifa groups have called for protests and other actions beginning at noon on Sunday to disrupt this gathering, as well as the RER B line and potentially Highway A1 between Paris and the airport, while far-right and far-left groups plan conflicting demonstrations in support and in opposition to his candidacy.
- Beginning at 1:00, multiple unions and political parties are calling for a protests against Mr. Zemmour during a march from Barbes to the Pacr de la Villette. Additional Antifa and other disruptive elements are expected to join this protest. Due to the high potential for violent clashes between supporters and opponents of Mr. Zemmour, Embassy employees have been instructed to avoid, the Parc des Expositions, the march and protest at La Villette, and the RER B and Highway A1 between Paris and Charles de Gaulle airport.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid the areas of the demonstrations
- Exercise caution if in the vicinity of large gatherings or protests
- Monitor local media for updates
- Be aware of your surroundings
- Keep a low profile
U.S. citizens may monitor English-language French media at the following:
State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates