Location: Two events:
- Ardevon, Pontorson (Mont St. Michel)
- Strasbourg, Place de l’Étoile
- Ardevon: Political rally expected to take place Saturday, February 19, beginning at 3:00 p.m. Authorities have indicated a possibility for clashes between opposing political groups.
- Strasbourg: Demonstration expected to take place Saturday, February 19, beginning at 10:00 a.m. Authorities have indicated a potential for possible violence and disruption.
U.S. government employees have been told to avoid the above areas around the time of the events. Additional demonstrations in Paris and other major cities in France may also be planned.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid the areas of the demonstrations
- Exercise caution if in the vicinity of large gatherings or protests
- Monitor local media for updates
- Be aware of your surroundings
- Keep a low profile
U.S. citizens may monitor English-language French media at the following:
State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates.