Demonstration Alert – U.S. Embassy Paris, France
Location: Airports across France
Event: Several security companies have announced a strike at airports across France, including Charles de Gaulle (CDG) and Orly airports, for November 16, possibly extending until November 18. The strike is excepted to impact departing flights, most directly affecting check-in, outbound (departures) immigration, security screening, and departure gates.
Actions to Take:
- Check with your airline for possible effects on your flight.
- For departing flights, arrive at the airport at least three hours before your flight.
- Exercise caution if in the vicinity of large gatherings or protests
- Monitor local media for updates
- Be aware of your surroundings
- Keep a low profile
- Notify friends and family of your safety and any changes in arrival times.
U.S. citizens may monitor English-language French media at the following:
State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates