The U.S. Embassy in France sponsors a variety of international exchange programs each year, in conjunction with the U.S. Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs (ECA). These people-to-people exchanges are designed to enhance mutual understanding between the U.S. and other nations.
The Department of State is committed to supporting alumni of these programs by providing resources that will help them to build upon their exchange experience.
U.S. government-sponsored (USG) exchange program participants and alumni living in France have a number of opportunities to be involved in post-exchange activities, and receive access to specialized resources such as:
- Fulbright Exchange Programs: France-Fulbright Alumni
- International Visitors Leadership Program (IVLP): The Jefferson Circle
- Youth Ambassadors program: Youth Ambassadors Alumni
Specialized resources from the Information Resource Center
Global Alumni Online Community
International Exchange Alumni is the State Department’s official website for alumni of exchange programs sponsored by the U.S. government. The International Exchange Alumni online community recognizes the achievements of exchange alumni and provides them access to exclusive benefits including:
- Funding: Access $33 billion in grant opportunities.
- Connect with more than 100,000 global alumni already registered on the website.
- Chat with VIP guests during regular Digital Dialogue webchats.
- Digital Library: Want to read the New York Times newspaper online or listen to it in 12 different languages? Now you can, as well as 20,000 other magazines and periodicals!
Alumni are encouraged to register for the site and gain access to these membership benefits. Only verified alumni of U.S. government-sponsored exchange programs are able to access these benefits.
Who Can Join?
You are an alumnus(a) of a U.S. government-sponsored exchange program if you have participated in at least one of the following programs:
- Fulbright Exchange Programs
- International Visitors Leadership Program (IVLP)
- Voluntary Visitor Program
- Benjamin Franklin Transatlantic Fellowship Initiative
- Summer Institutes for European Student Leaders
- Youth Ambassadors
- France Los-Angeles Media Exchange