The Human Resources (HR) Office in Paris administers the Foreign National Student Internship Program (FNSIP). The main purpose of the Tri-Mission Foreign National Student Intern Program is to provide students with the opportunity and challenge of working in a foreign affairs arena while profiting from the expertise of experienced employees. Interns may earn academic credit from their educational institutions. Their supervisors serve as mentors, providing feedback as necessary to the intern and to the academic institution.
There are no benefits, financial or other, attached to the FNSIP (i.e. Compensation, leave, future employment rights etc.).
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have French nationality (Dual nationals welcome, as long as they have French citizenship).
- Must be currently enrolled in a post baccalaureate program in good academic standing and able to provide a certified transcript or other school records to verify academic standing.
- Must provide a “Convention de Stage” that includes medical insurance.
- Must provide a copy of official ID card.
- Must demonstrate the potential to accomplish the type of work to be performed.
- Must be able to receive a security certification.
* The internship may not start until the security certification is issued by the Regional Security Office (RSO)
- Must be able to receive a medical certificate from the student’s doctor stating “not contagious and apt to work”.
Duration of Internship: Minimum: 6 weeks / Maximum: 8 weeks
How to Apply
Students can apply all year long but must send their applications at least five (5) months prior to the internship period.
If you are interested in applying for an internship, please submit your resume and cover letter in English, along with French ID card and proof of student status (i.e. student card) at least five months prior to the internship period to the following email address :
Please specify in the body of your email the following information (not in the motivation letter)
- the specific dates of your internship (may not exceed 8 weeks);
- the section/service in which you would like to complete your internship
(Please rank in order 1;2;3 your top three choices)
- Africa Regional Services (PDF, 107 kb)
- Paris Welcome Center (PDF, 159 kb)
- General Services-Housing (PDF, 106 kb)
- Federal Benefits Unit (PDF, 105 kb)
- Financial Service (PDF 105)
- George Marshall Center (PDF, 103 kb)
- Political Section U.S. (PDF 102 kb)
- Press Office (PDF, 106 kb)
- Cultural Heritage Program (PDF, 104 kb)
- Economic Section (PDF, 104 kb)
- Defense Attaché Office – August-September (PDF, 107 kb)
- Bordeaux (PDF, 305 KB) [Internship period only from 05/04/2020 to 06/12/2020]
- Marseille (PDF, 135 KB)
- Strasbourg (PDF, 132 KB)
- IRM-ISC-Assistant Systems Operator-Internship (PDF, 151 kb)
- IRM-ISC-Programming-Internship (PDF, 105 kb)
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
The U.S. Mission to France and OECD are committed to fair and equal treatment for all without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or sexual orientation.