- Emergency Contact
- Living in Western France
- U.S. Citizen Services
Emergency assistance: weekdays after business hours, weekends and U.S and French holidays.
For a death, serious accident, or life-threatening health issue of a U.S. citizen in France, or about a missing person or child:
- Telephone 01 43 12 22 22 [then dial 0 (zero) when you hear the automated greeting]
- From the United States, telephone 011 33 1 43 12 22 22 [then 0 (zero)]
Note: the time difference between Washington D.C., and Paris, France is + 6 hours (9:00 a.m. EDT is 3:00 p.m. in Paris)
Emergency assistance: during normal business hours, Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., excluding U.S and French holidays:
- Call the above numbers weekdays during business hours for emergency assistance, or send an e-mail to our Emergency contact e-mail box. In order to maintain telephone lines available for emergencies only, the preferred way to contact us is via email, average response time, 24 hours.
Lost/Stolen Passport and Emergency Travel Needs
- Before traveling, or during your stay in France, take a moment to look at our information on Lost, Stolen or Mutilated Passport replacements as well as Emergency Passport Services for imminent departures.
- See also U.S. Department of State emergency resources below.
Non-Emergency Issues: please see information on all U.S. Citizen Services.
The U.S. Citizen Services unit does not answer U.S. Visa questions.
- Death of an American citizen abroad
- Arrest/detention of an American citizen abroad
- Sending Money
- Help for American Victims of Crime Overseas
- American citizens missing abroad
- Abduction of a child abroad
- Lost and Stolen U.S. Passports Abroad
Know before you go!
Prior to your departure for France, please refer to the Country Specific Information Sheet for France and Monaco issued by the Department of State.