For emergencies concerning death, arrest, illness, children’s issues, abduction in progress, or injury of an American citizen, we refer you to the Embassy’s website pages.
The Consulate General provides the following services to U.S. Citizens:
- Receiving/processing all passport applications and forwarding these requests to the Embassy in Paris.
- Receiving/processing passport applications for all minors under the age of 16 (first application and renewal).
- Receiving/processing requests for Consular Reports of Birth Abroad (CRBAs) of American Citizens
- Receiving/processing inquiries about possible American citizenship.
- Providing notarial services to all U.S. Passport holders and to foreign nationals for documents destined for use in the U.S. Notarial services are executed by the Consul General, including documents for signature, statements made under oath, powers of attorney, affidavits and acknowledgments. The fee for notarial services is 50 USD per consular seal and signature, or the euro equivalent.
- Assisting voter registration.
- Facilitating access to other information and services.
Please note: For Consular services rendered at the Consulate General in Strasbourg, payment may be made by major credit card only as we do NOT accept personal checks and/or cash in dollars or euros.
U.S. Visa Services
Please note that our office does NOT respond to Visa/ESTA inquiries. All information related to visas for the United States and to the Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA) is located at this website address.
Security at the Consulate General
Please do not bring any electronic devices, such as laptop computers, Blackberries, iPods, or large bags, such as backpacks, suitcases or packages to the Consulate as there are no storage facilities on Consulate grounds. Security guards may hold small tourist cameras and cell phones until your departure, but there is no storage available for any other large items or electronic devices – please do not bring them at the time of your appointment.