U.S. Embassy Paris, France
April 30, 2020
Event: The U.S. Embassy in Paris is sending regular updates to ensure that all U.S. citizens in France have the latest information on COVID-19 and local security conditions in France. All U.S. citizens in France must follow the Government of France confinement order in place since March 17, 2020.
Additional direct flights to the United States have been announced. Delta Airlines will begin service on May 2, 2020, between Paris-Charles de Gaulle and Atlanta five days a week. Air France continues to offer direct flights to Los Angeles three days a week and New York JFK three days per week. U.S. citizens who live in the United States should arrange for immediate return home using available commercial flights or be prepared to remain abroad for an indefinite period. The U.S. government does not anticipate arranging repatriation flights from France.
The Frequently Asked Questions section of our U.S. Embassy Paris COVID-19 webpage has been updated with additional travel and safety information. U.S. citizens should also refer to the French government website for foreign nationals in France (in English) for updated information on extensions of residency permits and long-stay visas.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information on the disease.
- Dial 15 for emergency services in France if you have severe symptoms such as difficulty breathing. Do not go directly to an emergency department, doctor’s office, or clinic.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in France.
- For information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information regarding foreign countries’ quarantine requirements and other global impacts.
- Have a plan to depart from France that does not rely on U.S. government assistance.
- Check with your airlines or cruise lines regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions affecting travel to the U.S.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates