U.S. Embassy Paris, France
June 2, 2020
Event: The U.S. Embassy in Paris is sending regular updates to ensure that all U.S. citizens in France have the latest information on COVID-19, and local security conditions in France.
The following information has been updated on the U.S. Embassy Paris COVID-19 website:
The French Government has announced the next phase of deconfinement, to begin today. The 100 km limit on travel within France no longer applies. Groups are still limited to a maximum of 10 people in public spaces. Restaurants will open in green zones, with terrace dining only permitted in the orange zone, which includes Paris. Certain public services are now open. For details on work, transportation, and other details of daily life, click here. Travel restrictions for entering and transiting through France remain in place.
U.S. citizens who live in the United States should arrange for immediate return home using available commercial flights or be prepared to remain abroad for an indefinite period. The U.S. government does not anticipate arranging repatriation flights from France.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information on the disease.
- Dial 15 for emergency services in France if you have severe symptoms such as difficulty breathing. Do not go directly to an emergency department, doctor’s office, or clinic.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in France.
- For information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information regarding foreign countries’ quarantine requirements and other global impacts.
- Have a plan to depart from France that does not rely on U.S. government assistance.
- Check with your airlines or cruise lines regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions affecting travel to the U.S.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates