Additional Resources for U.S. Citizens

Information for U.S. Taxpayers (Internal Revenue Service)

Obtaining Coping of U.S. Birth Certificates and Consular Reports of Birth

FBI Identity History Summary Check and Fingerprinting Services 



The U.S. Embassy cannot provide any information concerning U.S. tax questions. We do not maintain a list of tax accounts.  We refer you to the website of the Internal Revenue Service in the United States for assistance for all of the following:

The IRS Paris Officein Paris is Closed

This office no longer offers taxpayer assistance (including by mail, fax, walk-ins, or telephone). Please DO NOT send any more IRS forms or tax correspondence to the U.S. Embassy. Please send all mail directly to the U.S. addresses provided in each forms’ instructions.

If you are a taxpayer with specific individual or business account questions you should contact the International Taxpayer Service Call Center by phone or fax. The International Call Center is operational Monday through Friday, from 6:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. (American Eastern Time):

Phone: +1-267-941-1000
Fax:      +1-267-941-1055
Internal Revenue Service
International Accounts
Philadelphia, PA 19255-0725

Business taxpayers located outside the U.S. may also contact the IRS by mail at:
Internal Revenue Service
International Accounts
Ogden, UT 84201-0038

If you are a tax professional or software provider calling about an e-file issue and it is not account related, please contact the e-help office in Austin at +1-512-416-7750. Assistance is available Monday through Friday, from 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. (American Central time).  See also the following information:


Main Consular Services Listing


The Department of State assumes no responsibility or liability for the professional ability or reputation of, or the quality of services provided by, the entities or individuals whose names appear on the following lists. Inclusion on this list is in no way an endorsement by the Department or the U.S. government. Names are listed alphabetically, and the order in which they appear has no other significance. The information on the list is provided directly by the local service providers; the Department is not in a position to vouch for such information.

General Guidelines for Marriage and Civil Partnerships (PACS) in France (PDF -138 KB)

You must schedule an appointment online in order to obtain a notarized copy of the Attestation tenant lieu de certificat de coutume et de célibat  (PDF-388 KB) at the U.S. Embassy in Paris, or the Consulate General in Marseille. For persons residing near Strasbourg, please call: or




Contact information for all routine U.S. citizen services, including all passports applications, notarial services, birth abroad or Federal Benefits is available on this webpage.