U.S. Citizenship for Minors
Citizenship Applications for Adults
Claiming U.S. Citizenship
If you are over 18 years of age an believe you have claim to U.S. citizenship, please follow these steps:
- Make your online appointment here. If you are unable to find an available appointment online and you have a ticketed flight within the next three weeks, please contact PassportsParis@state.gov and attach a copy of your ticket to request service.
- Prepare for your appointment as follows:
- Forms: Complete and print online form DS-11. Please do NOT sign it. If you never had a U.S. Social Security Number, fill out and submit this form (PDF 80 KB). If you do not remember your U.S. Social Security Number, please email the Federal Benefit Unit before applying for the passport.
- Passport: Bring an original and copy of your valid government issued ID (foreign passport, French ID).
- Proof of Citizenship: Your U.S. citizen parent should accompany you and bring his / her proof of all periods of physical presence in the U.S.
- Photo: One color 2×2 inch photo. Click here for photos requirements.
- Return Envelope: You will need either a prepaid self-addressed Chronopost for France, or Collissimo, or a Lettre suivie 500g size A4 only.
- Payment: You can pay the fee of 145 USD (or the Euro equivalent) at the time of your interview in cash or by credit card (the credit card holder must be present).
American Citizen Services
4, avenue Gabriel
U.S. Consulate General
Place Varian Fry
13286 Marseille Cedex 6