Marseille Report Birth Abroad First Passport US Social Security Card

U.S. Consular Report of Birth Abroad (CRBA)

A child born abroad to a U.S. citizen parent or parents may acquire U.S. citizenship at birth if certain statutory requirements are met. For information on these requirements click here.

By law, the CRBA application must be made before his/her 18th birthday

It is the only citizenship document that includes the relationship between the child and the parent(s).

 A CRBA, like a U.S. Birth Certificate cannot be used to travel. Thus, we recommended that you apply for your child’s U.S. passport when submitting the application for the CRBA.

Even if your child holds another nationality, he or she must enter and exit the United States on a U.S. passport.

Make your online appointment here.


Report of Birth Abroad  Application U.S. Passport Application  U.S. Social Security Card Application
  • completed, printed Form DS-2029 (downloadable online)
  • child’s original French birth certificate (copie integrale)
  • one copy and original of both parents’ valid Government Photo ID
  • marriage certificate (copy and original)
  • proof of divorce(s) (copy and original) if applicable
  •  Report of Birth Abroad (copy and original) if applicable
  • documentation for Transmission of U.S. Citizenship by parents (originals and one copy)
  • Fee $100 or the euro equivalent
Please follow the instructions and links provided here.
  • Please contact the Social Security Office in Paris under FBU Paris FAQ / Contact Us to apply for your child’s Social Security Number