For life or death emergencies, dial 112 for immediate assistance.
Please note that for the duration of the COVID-19 curfew, Embassy and Consulate consular business hours are 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. In the case of an emergency involving a U.S. citizen in France, you can reach the U.S. Embassy during business hours and after hours, seven days a week.
- Death of a U.S. citizen
- Arrest of a U.S. citizen
- Serious illness or injury
- Children’s issues, including child abduction in progress
- Victims of Crime
Emergency services do not require an appointment.
Note: Paris is 6 hours ahead of Washington, DC (EST)
Emergency Contacts, Paris
U.S. Embassy Paris
- Email: Citizeninfo@state.gov
- Phone (Dial ‘1’ then ‘0’ when you hear the automated greeting)
- From France: 220.127.116.11
- From U.S. (landline): 18.104.22.168.22.22
- From U.S. (cell phone): Hold down the 0 (zero) until + appears, then dial 22.214.171.124.22.22
Emergency Contacts, Marseille
If you are calling to report the death or serious health issue of an American citizen, or about a missing person or child in the Marseille Consular District, please follow these instructions:
- For emergencies during business offices (9 a.m. to 5 p.m.):
- From France: dial 01 43 12 47 54 and press the appropriate number indicated by the automated system;
- From the United States: dial 011 33 1 43 12 47 54
- For emergencies after business hours weekdays, on weekends and on U.S. and French holidays, call U.S. Embassy, Paris:
- From France: dial 01 43 12 22 22, then dial 0 (zero) when you hear the automated greeting;
- From the United States: dial 011 33 1 43 12 22 22, then dial 0 (zero) when you hear the automated greeting.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org with EMERGENCY + (brief description) in the subject line. Please note that this mailbox is monitored during working hours only. For after-hours emergency assistance, please contact the Embassy’s switchboard at the number listed above.
We do not provide U.S. visa information. For all U.S. visa questions, please refer to the visa information.
Emergency Contacts, Strasbourg
U.S. Consulate General Strasbourg
- Email: USAStrasbourg@state.gov
- Phone (9 a.m. – 5 p.m. weekdays): 126.96.36.199. For after-hours emergency assistance, please contact the U.S. Embassy Paris switchboard (see above).
Other Important Emergency Numbers in France
Other Important Emergency Numbers in France:
- Medical Emergencies: 112 or 15
- Victims of Crimes: 17
- Fire: 18