Emergency Financial Assistance

For information on this service, please see the Department of State website page on Emergency Financial Assistance for U.S. Citizens Abroad.

Wiring Money Directly: You or your family, friends, or associates, may wire money directly to a U.S. citizen abroad by contacting Western Union, MoneyGram, or other similar commercial money transfer services with offices overseas.  There are money transfer cost comparison tools online to help you identify your best option.  The person receiving the money will need to present proof of identity, such as a passport.

See our information about replacement of lost or stolen U.S. passports abroad.  Be wary of International Financial Scams!