Emergency Services at the U.S. Embassy, Paris
The numbers below are provided for U.S. citizens who are distressed and require emergency services such as assistance with the death, arrest, illness, abduction in process, or injury of an American citizen.
Routine services such as passport renewals, reports of birth abroad, and notarials are not considered emergencies and are processed during regular business hours. For additional resources, please refer to the information below:
- Abduction of a child abroad
- American citizens missing abroad
- Arrest/detention of an American citizen abroad
- Death of an American citizen abroad
- Emergency Financial Assistance
- Help for American Victims of Crime Overseas
- Lost and Stolen U.S. Passports
- Emergency Passport Services
IN CASE OF EMERGENCY CALL:
- In France dial 01.43.12.22.22 [then dial 9 (nine) when you hear the automated greeting].
- If you are calling from the U.S., please dial 011.33.1.43.12.22.22 [then 9 (nine)].
Note: Time difference between Washington D.C. and Paris is + 6 hours.
Email: email@example.com with subject line / EMERGENCY + (brief description). Please note that this mailbox is monitored during working hours only. For after-hours emergency assistance, please contact the embassy’s switchboard at the number listed above.