Consular Officers provide notary services similar to the functions of a notary public in the United States. This service is available to U.S. citizens as well as non-U.S. citizens if the document will be used in the United States.
Please note that Consular Officers are not French Notaires – we can only certify the validity of a signature. We do not draft contracts or provide legal advice.
Determine if we are able to notarize your document.
Prepare your document and organize everything you need.
Schedule an appointment:
- Follow this link to make an appointment for a notary service in Paris
- Follow this link to make an appointment for a notary service in Marseille
- To make or reschedule a notary services appointment with the Consulate General in Strasbourg, please send us an email or call 01.43.12.47.11 or 03.88.35.86.15.
- You do not need to provide names of witnesses when making your appointment.
- Appointments can take 90 minutes.
- One appointment per family.
- The American Presence Posts in Bordeaux, Lyon, and Rennes do not provide notary services.
How to cancel a notary appointment
Questions? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Getting married? Need a driver’s license? Consult our Additional Resources for American Citizens page for guidance on various life events while living in France.