To apply for a U.S. visa please refer to our webpage.
Consular Officers provide notary services similar to the functions of a notary public in the United States. This service is available to U.S. citizens as well as non-U.S. citizens if the document will be used in the United States.
Please note that Consular Officers are not French Notaires – we can only certify the validity of a signature. We do not draft contracts or provide legal advice.
Determine if we are able to notarize your document.
Prepare your document and organize everything you need.
Schedule an appointment. The system does not accept letters with accents.
- Follow this link to make an appointment for a notary service in Paris
- Follow this link to make an appointment for a notary service in Marseille
- To make or reschedule a notary services appointment with the Consulate General in Strasbourg, please send us an email or call 01.43.12.47.11 or 03.88.35.86.15.
- You do not need to provide names of witnesses when making your appointment.
- Appointments can take 90 minutes.
- One appointment per family.
- The American Presence Posts in Bordeaux, Lyon, and Rennes do not provide notary services.
How to cancel a notary appointment
If you cannot attend your appointment, please cancel it as soon as possible so that the appointment can be released for someone else.
- Click here to cancel a notary appointment
- Email email@example.com to cancel a notary appointment.
Questions? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Getting married? Need a driver’s license? Consult our Additional Resources for American Citizens page for guidance on various life events while living in France.