STEP TWO: Gather everything you need:
Complete, Unsigned Document(s)
- Assemble all pages in order and complete the document with the appropriate names, places, and dates before you arrive.
- Do NOT sign the document – you will sign and take an oath in front of the Consular Officer.
- Understand your document, including why and where you will sign. We are not permitted to explain your documents to you.
- Clearly indicate which pages require a Notarial Seal. *Post-it notes placed in the document indicating where notarization is required is much appreciated and expedites notarization*
- All signatories must bring valid government-issued photo identification, such as a passport, national ID card, driver’s license, etc. The name on your identification must match your name on the document(s) you need notarized.
- Signing on behalf of a company or corporation? You will need to provide evidence of your title in that company/corporation. You may present a combination of documents, such as a letter of incumbency, articles of incorporation or formation, partnership agreements, letters of guardianship or administration, tax returns, corporate letterhead, business cards, etc.
Fees: $50 per Notary Seal
- The fee is $50 per seal. For example, you will be charged $150 for a single document that requires the Consular Officer to sign and acknowledge your signature in three places.
- Payment can be made by credit card or cash (U.S. dollars or Euros according to U.S. Embassy Consular Exchange Rate). This rate is only used for consular services.
- All fees are non-refundable.
- No fees are charged for forms required by a U.S. federal government agency (e.g., DS-3053 or certification of savings bonds).
- If your document requires the presence of witnesses, you must bring them.
- We are unable to serve as witnesses.
- Witnesses must also bring valid photo ID.
- Unsure if you need witnesses, or who can serve as witnesses? Consult your lawyer or entity that prepared your document.
- You will be subject to airport-level security.
- Many items, such as laptops and luggage, are prohibited, and we cannot store them for you.
- You may bring one small purse, backpack, briefcase, or items to care for babies.
- Our security staff will store your cellphone during your appointment – consider bringing a book or magazine.