Welcome to the Passport and Citizenship Unit of the U.S. Embassy and Consulates in France
- For an appointment in Paris, go here.
- For Marseille, go here.
- You can call Strasbourg directly at 01 43 12 47 11 or email: USAStrasbourg@state.gov
COVID-19 Alert: Please do not come to the Embassy or Consulates if you or a family member are sick or have been in close contact with anyone who has been sick. To minimize clients and time spent in our waiting room, be prepared to pay for your service in cash with exact change. We also request that you take advantage of services that can be performed by mail, such as renewing your 10-year passport.
Masks will still be required inside our waiting room from March 14, 2022 onward. Please bring your own mask to wear when coming to the Embassy for visa, passport, or other services. Thank you for your understanding.
Returning to the United States on an Expired U.S. Passport: If you are overseas and your passport expired on or after January 1, 2020, you may be able to use your expired passport to return directly to the United States until June 30, 2022. See this page for more information.
- To enter France, your full-validity passport must be valid for at least three months beyond your planned date of departure from the Schengen area. Please note that France does not permit entry on U.S. 12-month validity emergency passports.
- With the exception of emergency passports, U.S. passports are produced at a domestic U.S. passport facility. Please apply early when renewing expiring passports.
- Dual National U.S. Citizens: U.S. law requires all U.S. citizens, including dual-national citizens, to enter the United States using their U.S. passport. We urge all U.S. citizens to keep their U.S. passports current.
Passport Fee Increase: Effective December 27, 2021, the passport book security surcharge increased by $20. This reflects increases in security-related costs for processing passports, and is added to the application fee and the execution fee to comprise the total cost to apply for a passport.
As a result of this fee increase, the total fee for a first-time, adult applicant (using a DS-11) will be $165. For adults seeking renewals (using a DS-82), the cost will be $130. The overall passport book application fee for minors (DS-11) will be $135.
- Check on the Status of Your Passport Application
- First-Time Passports (Adults and Children)
- Emergency Passports (Lost, Stolen, or Need for Travel Within Seven Days)
- Passport Renewal
- Second Passports
Travel Tip: When traveling, please remember to carry a photocopy of your passport separately from your passport. In the event of loss or theft, the copy will facilitate the issuance of an emergency passport.
For more information please refer to the State Department Bureau of Consular Affairs website page.