United States Embassy Paris, France
Message for U.S. Citizens:
U.S. Embassy Consular Services Days in Bordeaux and Rennes
The U.S. Embassy in Paris, in collaboration with the American Presence Posts in Bordeaux and Rennes, is pleased to announce the provision of off-site consular services:
Bordeaux on April 15th, 2019
Rennes on May 6th , 2019
1 – Who qualifies for an appointment?
- If you have a 5-year-passport (minor or first-time adult application)
- If you are no longer in possession of your prior passport
- If your passport expired more than 15 years ago
- If you wish to report the birth abroad of a child to a U.S. citizen
- If you wish to have a document notarized
2 – How to schedule an appointment? To request an appointment, please complete and then copy and paste the chart below into your email:
type of service:
Applicant(s) full name(s)
For an appointment in Bordeaux (April 15, 2019) – Bordeauxoffsite@state.gov
For an appointment in Rennes (May 06, 2019) – RennesOffSite@state.gov
You will receive an email confirmation, including the appointment time and specific instructions for the service requested. You will be asked to submit all of the required documents and payment ahead of your appointment. We look forward to seeing you.
Welcome to the Passport & Citizenship Unit of the U.S. Embassy in Paris.
We provide services for United States Citizens in France from
the U.S. Consulates General in Paris, Marseille and Strasbourg.
Please note that the Government of France does NOT recognize the 12-page U.S. emergency passport, issued by U.S. embassies and consulates overseas, as a valid travel document for visa-free entry into France. If traveling on this emergency passport, you may be refused boarding and/or entry by immigration officials. Only direct transit through France for a destination in the United States is permitted with an emergency passport. You should check entry requirements of any other country of destination to make sure the emergency passport is accepted for entry. Read more here.
Important Note: Passports must be valid for at least three months beyond your planned date of departure from the Schengen area.
Select Your Passport Service Location Below
Passport and Consular Report of Birth Services in Paris
Passport and Consular Reports of Birth Services in Marseille
Passport and Consular Reports of Birth Services in Strasbourg
Appointments are available at the U.S.Consulate General in Strasbourg by email or phone.
To make an appointment with the Consulate General in Strasbourg, please send an email or call 01.43.12.47.11 or 03.88.35.86.15.
The U.S. Consulate General in Strasbourg provides the following Passport and Citizenship Services:
- Receiving/processing all U.S. passport applications and forwarding these requests to the Embassy in Paris.
- Receiving/processing passport applications for all minors under the age of 16 (first applications and renewals).
- Receiving/processing requests for Consular Reports of Birth Abroad (CRBAs) for American Citizenship.
- Receiving/processing inquiries about possible American citizenship.
- Payment: please note that for consular services rendered in Strasbourg, payment may be made by major credit card only as we do not accept personal checks and/or cash in dollars or euros.
Tip: When traveling, please remember to carry a photocopy of your passport separately from your passport. In the event of loss or theft, the copy will facilitate issuance of an emergency passport.
For more information please refer to the State Department Bureau of Consular Affairs website pages.