- Change of Legal Name
- U.S. Passport Card
Learn More about U.S. Passport Card
Optional: When renewing your passport, all U.S. citizens may also apply for a passport card. The U.S. Passport Card can be used to enter the United States from Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean, and Bermuda at land border crossings or sea ports-of-entry and is more convenient and less expensive than a passport book. The passport card CANNOT be used for international travel by air.
For Passport Card Applications:
- Check the appropriate box(es) on the top of the application Form DS-82:
[ ] U.S. Passport Book [ ] U.S. Passport Card [ ] Both
- Complete online and submit Form DS-82 available using the online passport wizard. Be sure to answer all questions accurately as any mistakes may result in a delay. Check that you are using the correct form here (PDF 202 kb). Print one-sided pages only, sign and date.**
- U.S. Social Security Number:
- Social Security Number: If the applicant does not currently have an SSN then he/she should fill in the passport application SSN box # 5 with zeros. The applicant MUST also fill out and sign the SSN Declaration (PDF-80 kb) and submit it with the passport application. Absence of the form will result in a delay of passport adjudication.
- Fee for U.S. Passport Card: There is a supplementary fee for adults and children payable by French bank check (chèque de banque payable en France) made to the order of: U.S. Embassy. We do NOT accept chèques certifiés, or personal checks. See fees and payment methods.
- Return envelope requirements, please provide TWO of the following:
- One self-addressed Lettre Suivie 500g, or
- One self-addressed Colissimo pret-a-envoyer 1kg, or
- One self-addressed Chronopost envelope (PDF – 222 KB) for France métropolitaine for the return of passports. Please keep top copy of delivery information with bar code and tracking number for your records (one envelope can contain up to 6 passports).
If you are applying for both the passport book and the passport card you must submit:
- FOUR U.S. passport photographs, and
- You MUST provide two return envelopes. Please provide TWO of the following:
- Two self-addressed Lettre Suivie 500g, or
- Two self-addressed Colissimo pret-a-envoyer 1kg, or
- Two self-addressed Chronopost envelopes (PDF – 222 KB) for France métropolitaine for the return of passports. Please keep top copy of delivery information with bar code and tracking number for your records (one envelope can contain up to 6 passports).
Where to Send Your Application:
4, avenue Gabriel
75382 Paris Cedex 08
For more information please refer to the State Department Bureau of Consular Affairs website pages.