An official website of the United States government

U.S. Visa Services
Visit the United States

How to Apply for a Nonimmigrant Visa

The Consular Section of the U.S. Embassy in Paris is responsible for providing visa services to those seeking to enter the United States for a temporary period and for those wishing to take up indefinite or permanent residence in the United States.

To apply for a nonimmigrant visa, please click on this link and follow the steps below.

Main steps to remember (per applicant):

Visa Categories



Diplomats & Other Government Officials (A, G, NATO)

  • Submit official and diplomatic visa applications in person or by courier to the Consular Section at 4 Avenue Gabriel, Paris 75008, Monday through Friday at 1400.
  • Find more information.


Treaty Trader (E-1) and Treaty Investor (E-2) Visas

  • Treaty Trader (E-1) and Treaty Investor (E-2) visas are for citizens of countries with which the United States maintains treaties of commerce and navigation, including France.
  • Find E-1, E-2 Visa Information

Interview Waiver

  • Visa applicants who meet strict criteria may be eligible to renew their visas by mail, without a visa interview.
  • See waiver eligibility

Colorado Sand Dunes